Civic Awareness Program: Plastic Pollution & Community Solutions
Date and Time
Wednesday Apr 12, 2023
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM CDT
This program is a hybrid event. In-person event is being held at Cantigny Park in Le Jardin. Parking is free if you register.
1S151 Winfield Road
Wheaton, IL 60189
This program is a hybrid event.
In-person event is being held at Cantigny Park in Le Jardin. Parking is free if you register.
This program is offered in person and online. Those who register in advance will not have to pay the parking fee upon arrival.
- Click to register for free in-person event.
- Click to register to view the event virtually via Zoom.
Cantigny Park and the League of Women Voters invite the public to their next Civic Awareness Series program on Wednesday, April 12, at 7 pm. (Please note the change in day of week.)
This event focuses on one word: plastics. Versatility and durability makes plastic products and packaging a constant part of our day. But these traits cause problems for the environment. Our reliance on plastics is impacting our health and our planet’s.
An expert panel, moderated by the Daily Herald’s Jenny Whidden, will look at plastics from every angle. Discussion will include:
- What is plastic, and why we should care?
- Our waste hauling system and the recovery of certain plastics
- How to reduce and reuse
- Potential Illinois legislation to address plastic pollution
- Jacquelyn Casazza, President and Co-Founder, Go Green Glen Ellyn
- Jen Walling, Executive Director, Illinois Environmental Council
- Kay McKeen, Founder and Executive Director, School and Community Assistance for Recycling and Composting Education (SCARCE)
- Walter Willis, Executive Director of the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County
This program includes built-in closed captioning through Zoom.