Marketing & Membership Coordinator
This full-time position requires a person with an understanding of trade association marketing. Chamber of commerce experience is a plus. The role includes aspects of chamber recruitment and retention, including:
- Write and manage marketing materials and collateral (flyers, brochures) social media and print ads, with support of a graphic designer
- Ensure that all collateral appropriately displays our members and their current logos, all within the Chamber’s brand
- Support the marketing of Chamber programs and events with social media and other channels of distribution
- Responsible for communicating and helping host member meetings, luncheons, breakfasts, special events
- Knowledgeable about programming needs for adults across wide spectrum of professions and industries
- Comfortable with developing monthly luncheons, Ignite (partnership with Wheaton Public Library), business expos and special events to promote members and the Chamber
- Coordinate internal and external general communications including weekly newsletter “Monday Matters,” member e-blasts, press releases and promotions
- Create and support an advertising schedule ensuring appropriate display and execution of members’ paid advertising, including pricing schedule
- Use ChamberMaster to document committees and communications, build campaigns
- Manage and update website (requires knowledge of WordPress)
- Keep calendar up-to-date with support of administrative assistant
- Develop and implement ongoing social media campaigns, including sharing of member news
Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on listening. This person will interface with members as well as our Partners in Progress (City of Wheaton, Downtown Wheaton Association, Wheaton Park District, Community Unit School District 200, Wheaton Public Library) and serve as representative at Chamber at events. Superlative writing and spelling skills and social media fluency required.
Marketing & Programs Coordinator, p. 2
Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to create presentations. Comfortable in groups and able to speak in public. Willing to become confident in using ChamberMaster, the database that links membership with Constant Contact and the Chamber website.
Preferred education & experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field (journalism, marketing/business, public relations, nonprofit management). Chamber experience, membership or customer relations experience preferred, journalism or public relations experience a plus. Previous work experience of 5+ years preferred.