Director of Strategic Communications
St. Francis High School is seeking interested and qualified candidates for Director of Strategic Communications. The Director is responsible for establishing and implementing the school’s annual and long-range communications strategies in line with the school’s mission, values, brand, and new strategic plan. The Director reports to the President and serves on the President’s Council.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shapes and implements integrated communications strategy for the school’s marketing and communications activities, both external and internal.
- Provides leadership, direction, and project management for all internal and external communication, including publications, social media, and community relations, external messaging and collateral.
- Ensures that all projects align with department and school goals.
- Formulates and implements social media strategies to promote St. Francis High School programs. Creates and posts relevant and timely content and actively engages key groups via social media.
- Serves as brand steward, managing and implementing branding standards across the school.
- Works across SFHS to integrate strategic messaging reflecting all departments including admissions, academics, pastoral ministry, advancement, counseling, and athletics.
- Develops and evaluates budgets for the marketing and communications program and its activities.
- Manages crisis communications as needed in partnership with the President.
- Responsible for editorial direction, content, design, production and distribution of all publications.
- Manages and curates marketing assets including photography and video clips.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requisite Experience & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 7-10 years experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and proficient in AP style
- Experience working with all communications channels to reach broad range of audiences
- Understanding of social media platforms and effective messaging strategy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, and comfortable working with all constituents (faculty, staff, alumni, donors, media, community representatives, vendors)
- Experience managing crisis communications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and content management systems
- Support and uphold the Catholic mission of St. Francis High School
- Experience in educational marketing preferred
- Experience working with faith-based institutions preferred
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three writing samples, and contact information (name, phone, email) for three professional references. References will not be contacted without the permission of the candidate. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
All application materials must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About St. Francis High School
Founded in 1956, St. Francis High School is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory learning community that promotes spiritual, academic, physical, and social development in the daily presence of Jesus Christ. The school enrolls approximately 700 students in grades 9-12 and is distinguished by its exceptional academics, distinctive community spirit, and unique opportunities: minds and spirits thrive inside the classroom as well as on the stage and field. Animated by the Franciscan values of love of God and service to others, the SFHS community is characterized by passion, energy, and warmth. Spiritual growth is a core part of the St. Francis High School experience, and 93% of the student body and 68% of the faculty are Catholic. The size of the school allows students to be known individually by teachers and faculty, cultivating academic engagement, participation, and leadership among students of all grade levels. Students from more than 50 regional grade schools and more than 59 zip codes from across the western suburbs of Chicago come to benefit from this uniquely supportive learning environment.