The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout. Project Manager is expected to work with people at all levels of Construction Project Management and Field Supervision to establish operational priorities and ensure a quality project. Ideal candidate is expected to maintain positive and effective working relationships with both internal and external members of the Construction Project Team and support departments.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs.
- Estimate, value engineer, and develop project budgets.
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process.
- Negotiate subcontractor and material award process; develop and negotiate subcontracts.
- Plan and schedule projects.
- Manage jobs in progress including subcontractor coordination, conflict resolution, documentation and ensuring quality and safety on every job.
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment; continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures and profits through project completion.
- Perform project closeout.
- Provide leadership through building relationships, motivating others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork.
- Communicate effectively; both written and verbal.
- Interact with clients and potential clients to identify and pursue potential work.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations and project interviews.
- Negotiate and secure new business.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Four year degree in an accredited Construction-related curriculum or equivalent.
- Five years of experience at a Construction Project Manager Level.
- Extensive knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, standards, processes, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform in these areas: estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, field supervision, financial reporting, client relationship, interpersonal skills, computer skills, safety/insurance, ability to communicate; both written and oral.
- Strong background with PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications including all Microsoft Office Suite applications, Microsoft Project, Auto CADD, Bluebeam, Procore, Building Connected, or any other construction related software application.