Event Coordinator / Executive Assistant to the President
The Institutional Advancement Department and the President’s Office at St. Francis High School seek an Event Coordinator / Executive Assistant to the President. This full time, hybrid role will serve as a key member of the Institutional Advancement team that engages, cultivates, and stewards alumni, parents, friends, corporations, and foundations to advance the vision and mission of the school; it will also provide daily administrative support for the President, who leads St. Francis High School.
The ideal candidate is a talented social organizer with a “can-do” attitude who understands the importance and function of special events programming as it relates to establishing, building, and leveraging relationships which further the broader fundraising efforts of the Advancement team for the benefit of the school. This person articulates a vision for events that will engage members of the St. Francis High School community and, ultimately, inspire philanthropic gifts. The ideal candidate is also highly professional and organized in managing the efficient running of the Office of the President, with duties including, but not limited to, maintaining calendars, preparing reports, creating communications, and serving as a first point of contact with multiple constituencies internal and external to the school. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Event Coordinator – 60%
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning, strategy, development, and execution of the school’s signature high quality donor-focused events, including the annual auction, scholarship receptions, dinners, and other donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Work closely with the Vice President for Advancement, President, Board of Directors, volunteers, and advancement team members to develop events that prioritize community engagement and accomplish donor cultivation goals
- Prepare event timetables, printed plans, budgets, and financial reports as requested; accountable for staying within budget and meeting revenue goals
- Work with advancement colleagues to secure sponsorships, donations (direct and in-kind), and general support for events
- Actively maintain advancement database to support the ongoing stewardship and donor relations priorities of the school
- Actively manage a large number of volunteers, including parents and alumni; promote a spirit of teamwork and cooperation among staff and volunteers
- In partnership with colleagues from communication, advancement, and other school departments, manage all event-related marketing strategies, vendor relationships, and communications materials, including invitations, programs, and brochures
- Establish and maintain relationships, and negotiate contracts, with vendors/venues
- Support the President in daily administrative operations
- Manage President’s calendar; assist in setting appointments and scheduling meetings
- Respond to a wide variety of inquiries from faculty, staff, parents and the public on behalf of the President, including those highly sensitive in nature
- Prepare confidential materials for Board of Director’s meetings
- Assist with creation of correspondence, documents, and other materials
- Prepare agendas and minutes for variety of meetings
- Receive incoming calls/make outgoing calls in a professional manner
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by President
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of events/fundraising experience preferred
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of event planning and production including vendor management, day-of timelines, budget tracking processes, etc.
- Project management experience
- Detail-oriented multi-tasker with exceptional time management skills
- Collaborative, creative, self-starter who also is an effective team player
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external constituents, including school faculty/staff and diverse teams of volunteers
- Demonstrates sound judgement, effective decision-making and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and collaborate with others
- Highly organized with excellent planning, communication, and customer service skills
- Solid aptitude with Microsoft Suite, fundraising and auction software (e.g., Raiser’s Edge; Greater Giving)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Available for evening and weekend activities as needed
- Support and uphold the Catholic mission of the school
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information (name, phone, email) for three professional references. References will not be contacted without the permission of the candidate. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
All application materials must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About St. Francis High School
Founded in 1956, St. Francis High School is a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory learning community that promotes spiritual, academic, physical, and social development in the daily presence of Jesus Christ. The school enrolls approximately 700 students in grades 9-12 and is distinguished by its exceptional academics, distinctive community spirit, and unique opportunities: minds and spirits thrive inside the classroom as well as on the stage and field. Animated by the Franciscan values of love of God and service to others, the SFHS community is characterized by passion, energy, and warmth. Spiritual growth is a core part of the St. Francis High School experience, and 93% of the student body and 68% of the faculty are Catholic. The size of the school allows students to be known individually by teachers and faculty, cultivating academic engagement, participation, and leadership among students of all grade levels. Students from more than 50 regional grade schools and more than 59 zip codes from across the western suburbs of Chicago come to benefit from this uniquely supportive learning environment. For more information, visit the school's website at www.sfhscollegeprep.org.